The biennial Sea Festival will return to the seaside town of Nha Trang, starting on June 11.
The festival activities will include a whale-worship event, a bird's nest fest, food and wine tastings, a street carnival and beach volleyball tournaments.
The five-day event will also include traditional and modern artistic performances.
The organizers said the festival will feature a Truong Sa (Spratly Islands) Day packed with conferences and photo exhibitions related to the East Sea island chain.
Visitors to Nha Trang XQ Historical Village, a renowned embroidery bazaar at 64 Tran Phu Street, can walk through a gorgeous garden with roses and orchids.
More than 3,000 rose bushes are being transported from Da Lat, dubbed the "flower city" in the Central Highlands, to the seaside resort town for the event.
Piano and violin concerts will be held nightly along with fashion and dance shows.
This year, ten couples will engage in an underwater wedding ceremony off the coast of the Mun Islet on June 15.
Local artists and a number of performers from Japan, China, France and South Korea have signed up to participate in the event, which was first held in 2003.
HIGHLIGHTS OF SEA FESTIVAL 2011
Day 1 (Saturday, June 11):
- Lu Cam ceramics and sand painting exhibition at Po Nagar Tower.
- Cham ceramics and Vietnam brocade exhibition at the seaside park: 58 Tran Phu Street.
- The opening ceremony of the Sea Festival 2011 and fireworks display at 2/4 Square.
Day 2 (Sunday, June 12):
- Ceremony to release sea creatures back into the sea and fishing contest on Nha Trang beach.
- An air show put on by motorized parachutists will be held at the Nha Trang seaside park.
- Beer fest at the beach along Tran Phu, the most scenic street in Nha Trang.
- Jetski show at the beach in front of the 2/4 Square.
- Bicycle parade at the 2/4 Square.
Day 3 (Monday, June 13):
- International Women's Beach Volleyball tournament at the beach in front of 62 Tran Phu Street.
- A parade of vintage Vespas and cars on Tran Phu Street.
- Kite contest at 2/4 Square.
- Street carnival at 2/4 Square.
Day 4 (Tuesday, June 14):
- Cyclo parade at 2/4 Square.
- Whale-worship fest at the stage in front of Tue Tinh Street.
- Wine fest featuring flower garlands and colored lanterns on the Cai River at Champa Tourism Area.
Day 5 (Wednesday, June 15):
- Underwater group wedding in Mun Islet Sea Conservation Area.
- The closing ceremony of the Sea Festival 2011 at the 2/4 Square.