Rare black and white photos of Saigon in 1938-1939, collected by Manhhai Flickr
Xom Chi Bridge over Tau Hu Canal, also known as Ben Binh Dong. The canal was an artery for trade and transportation of fruits from the Mekong Delta in the southwest to Saigon. The bridge collapsed in 1991, and was not rebuilt.
The small square in front of the Saigon Opera House was named after Francis Garnier, a French officer and explorer known for his exploration of the Mekong River in Southeast Asia. A statue was erected there to his memory.
The Bonard-Charner Roundabout in what is now the intersection of Le Loi and Nguyen Hue Streets in front of the Saigon Opera House.
The Municipal Theatre of Ho Chi Minh City, also known as Saigon Opera House.
Ho Chi Minh City Hall or Hôtel de Ville de Saïgon was built in 1902-1908 in a French colonial style for the then city of Saigon. It was renamed after 1975 as HCMC People's Committee.
An ox cart on Rue Viénot, currently Phan Boi Chau Street that runs along a side of Ben Thanh Market.
The area in front of Ben Thanh Market.
Horse carts parked near Ben Thanh Market.
Horse carts wait for passengers near Ben Thanh Market