Workers set up machines for a firework and light show at Ho Chi Minh City's Bitexco Tower on April 30, 2015. Photo credit: Bitexco Group
1. The firework and light show will be started at Bitexco Financial Tower, the city's highest building, at 9:45 p.m. and ended at 10 p.m. on Thursday.
around the tower will be closed between 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
3. Firework will be set off from the top of the 68-story Bitexco Financial Tower, its helicopter pad at the 52nd floor, and the 20-story Bitexco Office Building on Nguyen Hue Street.
4. The tower's 52nd floor will be closed for the whole day, while other areas will be put under restriction at 7 p.m.
5. The show is themed on famous song "Dat nuoc tron niem vui" (literally translated as "The country in full happiness") by late musician Hoang Ha. The song was written and recorded on April 26, 1975, only four days before the historic day when the Vietnam War came to an end.
6. The show will take place with background music inspired from the song. A system of speakers will be established along Ton Duc Thang Street, and around Quach Thi Trang roundabout in front of Ben Thanh Market in District 1.
7. The best places to watch the show, according to its consultant, are not those around Bitexco tower. Instead, you should move to distant areas like the one between Thu Thiem Tunnel and Thu Thiem Bridge in District 2, and the riverside part of Mai Chi Tho Boulevard.
The 23-9 Square in front of Ben Thanh Market and Calmet Bridge connecting Districts 1 and 4 are also good choices.
8. Last but not least, the show's organizers are calling on people to join their efforts to keep the festival clean. So, do not forget to look around your place, and pick anything you accidentally drop during the show, before leaving.