Chinese-made tablet explodes while charging in HCMC

Thanh Nien News

Email Print

RELATED NEWS

 

The Chinese-made tablet named Aigo Pad owned by a Ho Chi Minh City woman broke into two while charging on Thursday. Photo credit: Tuoi Tre 

A Ho Chi Minh City woman's Chinese-made tablet device exploded in her home on Thursday, Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper reported. 
The accident occurred at around 8am--roughly 20 minutes after Pham Thi To Nga of District 4 plugged the device into a wall and left it to charge on her kitchen table.
Nga, who was cleaning the floor near the site, heard the explosion.
When she returned to the room, she found the tablet broken into two pieces and fallen onto the floor.
The battery of the tablet had swollen and burst in the explosion. 
Nga considered herself lucky her children were not home.
They typically sit at the table and play with the device as it charges. 
Nga said a Chinese friend gave her the tablet as a gift more than four months ago.

More Tech News