Police in southern Vietnam have detained a man who accidentally set 42 workers' dormitory rooms on fire, including his own, while burning garbage.
The fire spread on Tuesday when Vu Van Luon, 23, was burning garbage behind his room at the dormitory of the Ca Mau Foods & Fishery Export Joint Stock Company in the southernmost province Ca Mau.
Fire fighters managed to save 25 rooms, news website Dan Tri reported.
Most workers were at work at the time.
Their assets and money were burnt with the rooms, or looted while being moved outside while fire fighters put out the fire.
The affected workers have each received VND2 million (US$100) from the company and the Ca Mau Labor Union. The company has also provided them with temporary accommodation.