Woman electrocuted at wedding in central Vietnam

TN News

Email Print

A woman in the central city of Da Nang died, apparently of electrocution, on Saturday (December 22) just after leaving a wedding, according to witnesses, Nguoi Lao Dong reported Sunday.

Tran Thi Lan, 49,  ran to the wedding her son was attending at the Man Thai seaside resort in Son Tra District upon hearing that a fight had broken out there at 7 p.m..

She reportedly staggered and then fell in front of the resort as she was leaving.

Lan was then rushed to the hospital but doctors failed to save her.

Witnesses said when she fell, the power at the wedding was cut, leading them to the conclusion that woman tripped over the electrical wire, which they saw resort employees rush to collect immediately afterward.

Nguyen Ngoc Tam, 32, a local and one of the witnesses, told VnExpress that Lan, might have received an electric shock from colliding with the wire.

Police are investigating if it was indeed electrocution which killed Lan. Her relatives told Nguoi Lao Dong that Lan had no history of heart disease and was in good health the day before she died.

Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment

More Society News