Woman dead, man badly injured in southern Vietnam motel fire

TN News

Email Print

Police in the southern Vietnamese province of Dong Nai said Sunday they were still investigating a fire at a local motel the previous Tuesday that left a woman dead and her husband seriously burnt.

At around 9 p.m. that day local residents noticed a fire in a room at the Lam Tao Motel in Long Thanh District.

They tried to enter the room but the door was locked.

When they broke the door down and entered the room, they found the motel owner Lam Van Tao, 46, and his wife Thai Hong Van, 44, with severe burn injuries.

The couple was rushed to Cho Ray Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City.

Van succumbed to her injuries Friday, while Tao is still in critical condition.

Police said the fire may have been caused by gasoline or kerosene.

More Society News