Vietnamese trio who passed out in karaoke parlor high on meth, doctor says

By Thuy Hang, Thanh Nien News

Email Print

One of the six victims who fell unconscious in a karaoke parlor in Quang Ninh Province on Sunday night. Photo: Thuy Hang One of the six victims who fell unconscious in a karaoke parlor in Quang Ninh Province on Sunday night. Photo: Thuy Hang

RELATED NEWS

At least three of six people who passed out in a karaoke room full of exhaust were found to have used methamphetamine, according to a doctor in Quang Ninh Province.
Do Van Thinh of Bai Chay Hospital told Thanh Nien that two men named Cao Van Nam, 26, and Nguyen Quoc Khanh, 22, and an unidentified woman – tested positive for methamphetamine use after they were rushed to the hospital on Monday night.
The trio is in critical condition, he said.
At around 3:30 p.m. on Monday, the owner of the Queen Club karaoke parlor in Hai Ha District found a group of 11 young men and a young woman lying unconscious in the karaoke room they checked into the night before.
Six men, including the parlor's manager named Dinh Van Thuan, 29, were found dead in the room. Six others were rushed to hospital where they remain unconscious.
Quang Ninh police found that the group had rented the room on Sunday night and stayed overnight.
After a power outage occurred at around 11:30 p.m. that night, Thuan (the manager) brought a gas-powered generator into the room so the group could continue singing.
The police said they suspected the six victims were asphyxiated by the generator's exhaust.
Apart from the trio being treated at the Bai Chay Hospital, three other men aged 21-24 are being treated at Quang Ninh General Hospital.
Doctors say their condition is improving.

More Society News