Vietnamese student dies 'unnaturally' in Singapore school

TN News

Email Print

A Vietnamese school student in Singapore died mysteriously in his sleep in his dormitory last week, local news website TODAYonline reported Tuesday.

 

The 17-year-old student, whose identity was not revealed, was found dead September 24 at the Anglo-Chinese School (International)'s dormitory - Oldham Hall on Barker Road - according to the principal's "interim newsletter" to the boy's parents.

 

Principal Kerr Fulton-Peebles said the boy's death came "as a complete shock" since he "had not been ill."

 

When asked for details about the boy, the school said the parents' privacy should be respected.

 

Speaking to TODAY, Oldham Hall executive director David Chua said the boarding house staff had not been aware of any health problems the boy may have had.

 

He described the deceased as "a good boarder" who enjoyed music and played the piano.

 

He loved to read and "was somebody who always had a book in his hand."

 

The police have classified it as an unnatural death and are investigating.

 

The boy's parents have taken his body back to Vietnam for the funeral, the Straits Times reported.

 

More Society News