A man in the northern province of Quang Ninh caused his house to go up in flames on Friday in an attempt to get rid of a rat, with a lighter and some gasoline.
The man from Hai Ha District told police that the rodent had been driving him crazy, so after catching it on Thursday, he decided to set it on fire.
The burning rat reportedly ran and hid under his car, which was parked inside the house.
Everything started catching fire after that and soon later the whole house was engulfed in flames.
When firefighters arrived, the house had been completely burnt down.
Police said no one was hurt. The damage has been estimated at billions of dong.
Flames destroy a house and a car in Quang Ninh on Thursday.