Police in northern Vietnam on Thursday saved a young man who climbed up a utility pole and fell down after an apparent electric shock.
The Hai Phong native, who police said was high on meth, was reportedly climbing the pole at around 11 a.m.
When he was almost halfway to the top, around six meters above the ground, he was electrocuted and got stuck on a metal horizontal crossarm.
Police arrived at the scene minutes after locals gathered around the pole.
They laid a rescue cushion on the ground, just in time for his fall. He was seen hitting his head on another metal bar on the way down.
They rushed him to a local hospital in stable condition.
His identity has not been released.