A twelve-year old boy was found dead on the second floor of his house in the northern province of Thanh Hoa minutes after going upstairs to do his daily morning exercise on Sunday.
A relative of Le Van Huu, called him down for breakfast at around 7 a.m. and was shocked to find him hanging on a clothesline.
Other members of Huu’s family quickly rushed him to a nearby dispensary, but the boy had already expired.
The boy had used the line to do chin-ups every morning, his mother said.
It is not known how the exercise turned deadly, although some have speculated that the boy's hands may have slipped dropping his neck into the fatal position.
Huu was about to start his freshman year at the Hoang Quy high school in Hoang Hoa District this September.
His burial was organized on Sunday afternoon; he is survived by his parents and two sisters.