Vietnam baby dies after choking at unlicensed nursery

TN News

Email Print

An 11-month-old boy died at a hospital in Ho Chi Minh City after choking on breakfast at an unlicensed pre-school Thursday.

The baby, Nguyen Bao Nam, was gone after six hours of emergency aid, after having been diagnosed with respiratory decline and lack of oxygen to the brain.

Doctors at HCMC Children's Hospital No.1 said the boy was almost dead when admitted earlier the same day.

"He was deeply unconscious and made no response," a doctor said, as quoted by news website VnExpress.

Investigations found the baby was first rushed to a private clinic for first aid after choking on breakfast at the nursery in Go Vap District.

Then he was transferred to the hospital. Doctors suspected that choking was the actual cause of the death.

Police said the unlicensed nursery is operated by the 45-year-old house owner Ngo Thi Lan Thao, who started the service early this year and is taking care of five children.

They are investigating the incident further.

Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment

More Society News