Victim rejects computer blast speculation, says gas cylinder went off

TN News

Email Print

A man critically injured last Thursday in what was first thought to be a computer explosion in the southern Vietnamese province of Tien Giang has said it was a gas explosion.

Speaking to Thanh Nien Saturday after regaining consciousness at the Ho Chi Minh City-based Cho Ray Hospital, Le Dang Quang, 23, said the explosion occurred when he was using a cooking gas cylinder attached to a butane torch to make a plastic toy.

Since the torch did not work, he hit its switch with a hammer while using a lighter to light the fire. He was holding the cartridge between his legs.

"Suddenly a fire was sparked and things exploded," including glass bottles and a bag of fertilizer

His inner thighs, inner arms, and genitals were severely injured.

RELATED CONTENT

Vietnam man critically injured in mysterious computer explosion

It happened in a six-square-meter kitchen which also had seven or eight other gas cylinders. 

A computer was damaged in the explosion.

The police have called off their investigation at the request of Quang's family. 

Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment

More Society News