* October 15 (Friday): Eurocham Business Luncheon - Influenza in The Working Environment will be held from 11:45 to 13:30 at Sofitel Plaza Saigon, Diamond Hall, 17 Le Duan Boulevard, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City. Guest speaker: Professor Tran Tinh Hien, director of clinical research (Oxford University Clinical Research Unit Vietnam) and Dr. Le Ngoc Dien, MD MPH, medical director of Sanofi Pasteur. Fee: VND400,000 for members and VND600,000 for nonmembers. For further information or registration, contact Ms. Thuy via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (08) 3 827 2715.
* October 15 (Friday): Italian pianist Gabriele Carcano and the Vietnam National Opera & Ballet Orchestra will perform at the Hanoi Opera House, 1 Trang Tien Street. Tickets cost VND500,000, 350,000, 250,000 and 150,000. For ticket delivery, contact 0913 489 858 (Mr. Do Phuong) or 0983 067 996. Gabriele Carcano, born in Turin in 1985, successfully performed in Hanoi last November to an audience that included President Nguyen Minh Triet.
* October 15 to 19 (Friday To Tuesday): Lee Kirby, an Englishman who sings Vietnamese songs, will go on tour in HCMC. He and Thai Trinh, Thuy Hoang Diem and Ai Phuong will perform at Tamaya Wine Cellar, 198 Tran Quoc Thao Street, District 3, on October 15. On October 16 to 17, he will perform together with singer Anh Tuyet at ATB Cabaret, 197/7 Nguyen Van Troi Street, Ward 10, Phu Nhuan District. Guests will be charged an extra fee of VND150,000, excluding drinks starting at VND30,000. On October 18, Kirby takes the stage at Yen Café, 9A Pham Dinh Toai Street, District 3 and will wrap up his tour at Cooku's Nest Café,13 Tu Xuong Street, District 3 on October 19. Price for the two shows: VND100,000/one drink, no extra fee.
* October 20 (Wednesday): Beer for Books charity program will be held at Le Pub, 9 Xuan Dieu Street, Hanoi. For every Tiger draught sold between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m., the proceeds will be donated to the Room to Read literacy program in the Vietnamese capital. "Beers for Books" is an initiative that, since February 2009, has bought over 80,000 books for children in developing countries via Room to Read. Visit www.beerforbooks.posterous.com for more information.
* October 21 (Thursday): Dr. Stephen R. Covey, named one of America's 25 most influential people by Time magazine, will discuss the fundamentals of his world-renowned book "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" at Crystal I, White Palace Convention Center, 194 Hoang Van Thu Street, Ward 9, Phu Nhuan District, HCMC. Time: From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.