* October 22-24 (Friday-Sunday): Japan Film Week will be held in the coastal resort town of Nha Trang in Khanh Hoa Province. Eight films - "Happy Flight", "Rashomon", "Tony Takitani", "Kamikaze Girls", "Sansho the Bailiff", "5 Centimeters per Second" (cartoon), "Yunagi City, Sakura Country" and "Memories of Tomorrow" will be screened. Free tickets can be obtained at 10 Hoang Hoa Tham Street, Nha Trang.
* October 22-28 (Friday-Thursday): EuroCham co-hosted Breakfast talk: Is it the dawn of a currency war? organized by the French Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Vietnam (CCIFV) and the French Vietnamese Center for Management Education (CFVG) will take place in Hanoi and in HCMC. Speakers: Michael Troege, doctor of Applied Microeconomics, Professor at ESCP Europe and Joel Metais, doctor in Science of Economics, Professor at Paris Dauphine University.
The event will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. on October 22 at L' Espace, 24 Trang Tien Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi and on October 28 at Eurocenter, 49 Mac Dinh Chi Street, District 1, HCMC. Fee: VND250,000 for members and VND400,000 for non-members. Register with CCIFV by email to catherine.namhee@ccifv. org.
* October 25 (Monday): The world-renowned percussion group "Tambuco" from Mexico will perform with the Vietnamese percussions troupe "Fireworks" at the Vietnam National Academy of Music, 77 Hao Nam Street, Dong Da District, Hanoi. Admission is free.
* October 25-26 (Monday-Tuesday): Australian film director Phillip Noyce will meet outstanding theatrical students, film directors and scriptwriters in Ho Chi Minh City. The director will share his experiences through the making of such films as "The Quiet American" (2002) and "Salt", which was released in North America in July of this year.
* October 27 (Wednesday): Toyota Classics concert will be held at the Hanoi Opera House, featuring Orchestra Citta di Firenze from Italy under the baton of Lorenzo Castriota Skanderbeg. Tickets cost VND800,000, VND600,000 and VND300,000. Tickets are available at the Hanoi Opera House, 1 Trang Tien Street, (04) 3 933 0113/4, or Toyota office Hanoi Branch, 8th Floor, Viglacera Towel, 1 Thang Long Avenue, Tu Liem District. Contact: 0126 218 2680 or (04) 3 553 6885.
* October 27 (Wednesday): The American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) will host its monthly "Young Professionals Palooza Party" from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Orientica Restaurant at Hotel Equatorial, 242 Tran Binh Trong Street, District 5, HCMC. Entry fee: VND100,000 for members and non-members.