* October 29 (Friday): The Vietnam National Opera and Ballet (VNOB) hosts Scheherazade Ballet and concert night at Hanoi Opera House, 1 Trang Tien Street. Sheherazade is a symphonic suite composed by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov in 1888. The work is inspired by the book "One Thousand and One Nights." Tickets cost VND500,000, 350,000, 250,000 and 150,000. For tickets, call 0913 489 858 (Mr. Do Phuong).
* October 29 (Friday): The Bui Gallery at 23 Ngo Van So Street, Hanoi presents 10 Years in Hanoi in celebration of Lionel Descostes' decade-long experimentation with embroidery. This exhibition presents three "families" of his larger body of work: squares, grids and masks. Each of these groups attempts to explore the theme of anonymity. The opening will be held from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. The exhibition will take place from October 30 to November 21, 2010. For further inquiries, contact Gillian Lee Sturtevant at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (04) 3 944 8595.
* November 1-7 (Monday-Sunday): The Goethe Institut in Hanoi will host an event - 60 Years of German Cinema: 1999- 2009 as part of Germany Year in Vietnam. Seven films will be screened "Policewoman" (Nov. 1), "Goodbye Lenin!" (Nov. 2), "Head-On" (Nov. 3), "Go for Zucker!" (Nov. 4), "Longing" (Nov. 5), "The Lives of Others" (Nov. 6) and "Jerichow" (Nov. 7). Free tickets are available at the Goethe-Institut, 56-58 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, Ba Dinh District.
* November 2 (Tuesday): French-Armenian pianist Jean-Gabriel Ferlan will perform at the French Cultural Center, known as L'Espace, 24 Trang Tien Street, Hanoi. The program includes works by Beethoven, Chopin, César Franck and Gabriel Fauré. Ticket price: VND100,000 and VND50,000.
* November 4 (Thursday): EuroCham Business Luncheon - Salary Results and Labor Trends in Vietnam 2010 2011 will be held from 11:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at New World Hotel Saigon, Mekong 1 &2, 76 Le Lai Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City. Fee: VND550,000 for members and VND850,000 for non-members. For further information or registration, contact Ms. Thuy on email@example.com or phone (08) 3 827 2715.
* Through November 12 (Friday): The Photo Exhibition on Cluster Munitions is on at the Royal Norwegian Embassy, 10th floor, Block B, Vincom City Tower, 191 Ba Trieu Street, Hanoi. The exhibition focuses on the humanitarian consequences of cluster munitions and highlights the aspect of the Convention that bans the use of these weapons.