* November 5-10 (Friday-Wednesday): The Japanese Film Festival will be held in Hanoi. Eight films - "Happy Flight", "Rashomon", "Tony Takitani", "Kamikaze Girls", "Sansho the Bailiff", "5 Centimeters per Second" (cartoon), "Yunagi City, Sakura Country" and "Memories of Tomorrow" will be screened at National Cinema Center, 87 Lang Ha Street, Ba Dinh District. Free admission.
* November 7 (Sunday): The Vietnam National Symphony Orchestra and the Tokyo Metropolitian Symphony Orchestra will hold a concert at the Hanoi Opera House, 1 Trang Tien Street. The program is conducted by Tetsuji Honna. Tickets cost VND300,000, 200,000 and 150,000. For ticket delivery, call 0913 489 858 and speak with Mr. Do Phuong.
* November 8 (Monday): The Le Nouveau Trio Gitan - Three guitarists - Christian Escoudé, Jean-Baptiste Laya and Hugo Lippi - will perform at the HCMC Opera House. Ticket price: VND200,000, 150,000 and 100,000 (50 percent discount for students). Tickets are available at the Opera House, 7 Lam Son Square, District 1. For ticket delivery, call (08) 3 823 7419 or (08) 6 270 4450.
*November 9 (Tuesday): The Singapore Business Group, in cooperation with EuroCham, will host a Luncheon Seminar "The ASEAN Economic Community: Implications for Business", from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Sofitel Saigon Plaza, 17 Le Duan Blvd; District 1, HCMC. Speaker: Mr. James Lockett, special counsel to Baker & McKenzie based in Hanoi. Fee: VND900,000 for members and co-hosting members and VND1,000,000 for non-members. For further queries or registration, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (08) 3 823 3046. Registration must be made by Monday, November 8, at the latest.
* November 10 (Wednesday): The American Apparel and Footwear Association organizes International Product Safety & Restricted Substances Conference at the New World Hotel Saigon, 76 Le Lai Street, District 1, HCMC. From 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
* November 10 (Wednesday): Circolo Italia a group of Italians living in Ho Chi Minh City will screen "Complici del silenzio" at Pendolasco Restaurant, 87 Nguyen Hue Blvd., District 1. This is part of the group's program to screen several Italian films (all have English subtitles and most have been recently produced). A donation of VND50,000 is suggested, except for students with a valid identification card. The next films to be screened are "Colpo d'occhio" (Nov. 24), Signorina effe (Dec. 8) and "Pranzo di Natale" (Dec. 15). Screenings will start at 7 p.m.