* November 12 (Friday): The Austrian Embassy will host the Vienna Charity Ball at the Hotel Melia in Hanoi, starting at 6:30 p.m. The ball will feature a live orchestral performance by the Johann Strauss Capelle from Vienna. The show will open with a presentation by the Hanoi Olympic Dance Club and a concert by Vietnamese singers Thanh Lam, Duc Tuan and Bich Thuy and Austrian performer Marcela Cerno. The proceeds from the ball will go to the charity project "Friendship Village," which cares for disabled children and youth. Admission: US$100. Tickets will be sold at The Press Club, 59A Ly Thai To Street, Hanoi. Contact Ms. Bui Thanh Huong at (04) 3 934 0888, or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, go to www.viennacharitybal.com or contact the Austrian Embassy, 8th floor, 53 Quang Trung, Hanoi. Tel: (04) 3 943 3050.
* November 12 (Friday): AmCham Vietnam's Direct Sales Committee will organize a Roundtable Discussion for Vietnam's Direct Sales Industry from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Hotel Equatorial, 242 Tran Binh Trong Street, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City. Fee: US$30 for members and $40 for non-members. To register, contact Ms Phuong Ngo / Ms Mai Huong, tel: (08) 3 824 3562, fax: (08) 3 824 3572.
* Through November 12 (Friday): The Photo Exhibition on Cluster Munitions at the Royal Norwegian Embassy, 10th floor, Block B, Vincom City Tower, 191 Ba Trieu Street, Hanoi. The exhibition focuses on the humanitarian consequences of the use of cluster munitions and seeks to bring attention to the Convention that bans the use of these weapons.
* November 13 (Saturday): DJ Olivier Waryn, better known as DJ Size-O, will give a live performance starting at 8 p.m. at the French Culture Center, or L'Espace, 24 Trang Tien Street, Hanoi. After his first radio program in 1994, Olivier Waryn has established a DJ training school and played at the Spring Festival in Bourges and many other festivals in France and Europe. Tickets cost VND50,000 (for two people) and are available at L'Espace. Tel: (04) 3 936 2164.
* November 14-28 (Sunday-Sunday): PUKU Bar& Café at 16- 18 Tong Duy Tan Street in Hanoi will host "˜Moustache Movies for Movember' with the screening of movies every Wednesday and Sunday at 7 p.m. to celebrate Movember a month-long celebration of the moustache, highlighting men's health issues. The films to be screened are "The Princess Bride" on November 14, "Tombstone" (November 16), "Nacho Libre" (November 21), "Moulin Rouge" (November 23), and "Sherlock Holmes" (November 28). Visit www.movembervietnam.com for more Movember events around Hanoi.