* January 21 (Friday): Amcham will host a morning roundtable with American Bar Association (ABA) president Stephen Zack and former president Robert J. Grey from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the New World Hotel Saigon, 76 Le Lai Street, District 1, HCMC. In addition to discussing the objectives and his impressions about his two-week visit to China and Vietnam (from January 7 to 22), Mr. Zack will brief participants on several initiatives planned for this year during his term as ABA President. Fee: VND550,000 for members.
* January 21 (Friday): An exhibition by Canadian born sculptor Blake will open at the Bui Gallery, 23 Ngo Van So Street, Hanoi. "Fragments," once described as an exhibition of broken-bodied bronze statues, evokes the tragedy of landmines in former war zones. In conjunction with the United Nations Association program No-MoreLandmines & Adopt-A-Minefield, Blake will donate all proceeds from his exhibition to help clear existing landmines a project he has already undertaken in Vietnam, Cambodia, Russia and Angola. The exhibition will run until March 12. For more inquiries, email Gillian Lee Sturtevant at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: (04) 3 944 8595.
* January 22 (Saturday): French songwriter and singer Dominique A will perform at Pop Music Night at L'Espace, 24 Trang Tien Street, Hanoi, starting 8 p.m. Tickets cost VND50,000 and VND100,000.
* January 25 (Tuesday): The French Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Vietnam (CCIFV) and EuroCham will co-host a "Breakfast talk on Vietnam energy stakes" from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. at EuroCentre - 4th Floor, 49 Mac Dinh Chi Street, District 1, HCMC. Speaker: Mr. Olivier Jacquet - country president of Schneider Electric Vietnam and Cambodia. Fee: VND250,000 for members and VND400,000 for nonmembers. To register, email email@example.com or contact Ms. Thien Binh via fax: (08) 3 825 8915.
* Through January 26 (Wednesday): More than 800 art works produced by 757 artists over the past 5 years (2006-2010) are on display at the National Fine Arts Exhibition 2010, being held in the HCMC Fine Arts Museum, 97 Pho Duc Chinh Street, District 1.
* January 27 (Thursday): The Vietnam National Academy of Music will present a special flamenco night at the Hanoi Opera House, featuring selected flamenco compositions by famous composers from all over the world. Tickets, range from VND150,00-700,000 and are available at the Opera House, 1 Trang Tien Street. For free ticket delivery, call Do Phuong at (09) 1 348 9858.