* May 20-29 (Friday-Sunday): The EU Film Festival 2011 will be held in Hanoi with screenings at Room 2, National Cinema Center, 87 Lang Ha Street, Ba Dinh District.
The festival will introduce 13 films from Belgium (Wallonia-Brussels), France, the Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Greece, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Ireland, Czech Republic, Poland and the United Kingdom.
Admission is free. Tickets can be obtained from the Goethe Institut, 56-58 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, tel: (04) 3734 2251/52/53; British Council, 20 Thuy Khue Street, tel: (04) 3843 6780; and L'Espace, 24 Trang Tien Street, tel: (04) 3936 2164. To view the film screening schedule, visit: www.delvnm.ec.europa.eu/events/event2011/film_festival/screening_scheduce.html.
* Through May 27 (Friday): The EU Film Festival 2011 is on in Ho Chi Minh City at Dong Da Cinema, 890 Tran Hung Dao Street, District 5. Admission is free. Tickets are available at the Goethe Institut, 18 Road No. 1, Do Thanh Condo., District 3, (08) 3 600 9587; British Council, 25 Le Duan Street, District 1, tel: (08) 3 823 2862; and at the Dong Da Cinema, tel: (08) 3 923 4833. For the screening schedule, visit www.delvnm.ec.europa.eu/events/event2011/film_festival/screening_scheduce.html.
* May 23 (Monday): Vietnamese pianist Trang Trinh will perform in the "Midsummer Night's Dream" Concert at the Hanoi Opera House, 1 Trang Tien Street, starting at 8 p.m. The concert, conducted by Nguyen Thieu Hoa, will feature works by Tchaikovsky, Mozart, Mendelssohn, Wagner, Liszt, Pietro Mascagni and Camille Saint-SaÃ«ns. Tickets, priced at VND200,000, 300,000 and 400,000, are available at the Hanoi Opera House. For free delivery service go to www.ticketvn.com or call 091 3 489 858 (Mr. Do Phuong).
* May 24 (Tuesday): A concert lead by world-famous conductor Lior Shambadal will be held at 8 p.m. at the Hanoi Opera House with performances by violin soloist Bui Cong Duy and the Hanoi Philharmonic Orchestra. The program will include F. Mendelssohn's Violin concerto in E minor and J. Brahms' Symphony No. 4 in E minor.
Tickets cost VND500,000, 1,000,000 and 1,200,000. For free delivery visit to www.ticketvn.com or call 091 348 9858 (Mr. Do Phuong).
* May 25 (Wednesday): Amcham's monthly Young Professionals Palooza Party will take place from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Moevenpick Hotel, 253 Nguyen Van Troi Street, Phu Nhuan District, HCMC. Entry fee is VND100,000 for members and non-members.