Two suspects in massacre of six arrested in southern Vietnam

By Ngoc Le, Thanh Nien News

Email Print

Investigators study the crime scene on July 9. Photo: Tieu Thien Investigators study the crime scene on July 9. Photo: Tieu Thien

RELATED NEWS

Two suspects in the massacre of six people in a southern Vietnamese home early this week have been arrested, police said.
Nguyen Hai Duong and Vu Van Tien, both 24, have been detained. The police also searched their houses for evidence.
 Vu Van Tien, 24, was arrested this afternoon in Hoc Mon District, HCMC
Six people, including all four members of a wealth family and their two relatives, were found dead in their home in Binh Phuoc Province in an alleged robbery on July 7. Two of them were children.
The murderer(s) had tied five of them up before slitting their throats in their rooms, according to the police. A 14-year-old victim was found in the front yard, also with his throat cut open, prompting speculations that he was killed while attempting to flee.
Tien was arrested this afternoon in Hoc Mon District, Ho Chi Minh City. Duong was arrested in Binh Phuoc. A report on Tuoi Tre online newspaper said Duong had been arrested two days ago but only confessed to his crime today.
Major General Ho Si Tien, head of the national Criminal Police Office, said more information would be provided at a press conference at 1 p.m. tomorrow.

More Society News