Two kllled, three injured in Hanoi gas shop explosion

TN News

Email Print

Two people died and three others were seriously injured in explosion at an LPG (cooking gas) dealership in Hanoi on Sunday.

The accident happened at around 6 a.m. at a two-story house where the Phu Vinh Gas Dealership in Tu Liem District was located.

Tran Thi Tieu Nhan, 32, and her seven-month-old son Nguyen Thanh Dat died in the accident. Nguyen Huy Viet, Nhan's husband and the the shop owner, and two employees of the shop were seriously burned.

According to police, Nhan and her baby were sleeping on the second floor when the explosion occurred.

Eyewitnesses said flames consumed the gas shop in the first floor before spreading to the second floor and the electric wires around the house.

Neighbors rushed to help put out the fire before police arrived at the scene. The fire was put out one hour later.

The blackened, burnt bodies of the mother and son were pulled out of the wreck at around 12 a.m.

Three motorbikes, 50 empty gas cylinders and other furniture in the first floor of the house were damaged.

Police suspect that the accident was caused by a combination of gas and electricity leaks. They said are investigating the accident further.

More Society News