Two dead in Hanoi bar fire

TN News

Email Print

Two men died from smoke inhalation after fire erupted in a popular shisha bar in Hanoi's Old Quarter, on Thursday, newswire VnExpress reported.

According to eyewitnesses, a group of welders were working on the second floor of the EZ Club on Ma May Street at around 5 p.m.

Sparks may have fallen into the furniture on the first floor and set off the blaze, they said.

After flames tore through the club, five firefighting trucks arrived at the scene and spent two hours battling the blaze.

The two dead bodies were identified as Nguyen Khac Duc, a 19-year-old welder, and Nguyen Van Hoan, a 49-year-old electrician.

Several people were injured and rushed to the hospital.

The EZ Club is a popular place for shisha smoking among young Hanoians.

More Society News