Three dead, 3 injured as house catches fire after gas blast

TN News

Email Print

Three people were killed and three others critically injured in a house fire that is believed to have been caused by a gas explosion in the Mekong Delta province of Ca Mau Wednesday.

Witnesses said they heard an explosion from the rented house of 49-year-old Huynh Van Dung in Ca Mau Town at around 6.30 p.m. before the fire began blazing.

Dung's grandson, nine-month-old Pham Phuoc Hao, his neighbors Nguyen Hoang Em, 26, and Nguyen Hoang Lam, 35, died on the spot.

Dung, his daughter-in-law Phan Thi Kim Nhi and another neighbor, 52-year-old Do Hoang Giao were rushed to a local hospital with critical burns.

RELATED CONTENT

5 injured in gas explosion in northern Vietnam guesthouse
Hanoi checks cooking gas businesses for fire safety
Two kllled, three injured in Hanoi gas shop explosion

Initial information from the police is that Giao, Em and Lam gathered at Dung's house to have a drink at the latter's invitation.

Nearby residents said Dung's family ran a gas refilling service.

The accident is being investigated.

Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment

More Society News