Ten missing as typhoon Conson heads for Vietnam

TN News

Email Print

Typhoon Conson has already left ten people missing and sunk six boats on its path towards Vietnam, the national committee of flood and storm control reported early Saturday.

 

In the meantime, 167 boats carrying nearly 1,253 fishermen are on their way to leave or still in the projected inmpact zone along the country's North and Central coastline, according to the National Steering Committee for Floods and Storms.

 

So far, provinces in the northern and central regions  have evacuated 3,394 of 151,355 people, it said. This is the East Sea's first storm of the season.

 

Conson is epxected to make landfall between late Saturday and early Sunday, pounding provinces like Hai Phong and Nghe An with torrential rains, flash floods and landslides, the National Center for Hydro-meteorological Forecasting said on its website.

 

It has already slammed the southeastern Chinese island of Hainan, killing at least two people, uprooting trees and knocking down electriccal poles, AFP quoted local officials as saying Saturday.

 

Conson cut a deadly path through the Philippines earlier in the week leaving at least 53 people dead and dozens missing, AFP said.

More Society News