Rescuers have recovered two final bodies of mine workers after a quarry collapsed in the central province of Thanh Hoa last week, raising the total death toll to eight.
The eight workers were working for Tuan Hung Company at the quarry in Yen Dinh District on Friday when several large rocks fell on them, authorities said, adding that rockslide may be the cause.
Soon later five bodies were recovered and a critically injured worker was rushed to a hospital in Hanoi. But he died after that.
Rescuers located the bodies of two remaining workers on Saturday.
Authorities have suspended the quarry’s operation while police on Monday launched an investigation.
Yen Dinh District is home to many stone quarries and residents said it was not the first time a fatal collapse happened.