Pregnant woman electrocuted while charging iPhone: police

By Pham Duc, TN News

Email Print

Ngo Thi Lien's husband Le Van Quan shows the iPhone 3 and the charger his wife had used before she died. Photo: Pham Duc Ngo Thi Lien's husband Le Van Quan shows the iPhone 3 and the charger his wife had used before she died. Photo: Pham Duc

RELATED NEWS

Police in central Vietnam on Wednesday said an unauthorized third-party iPhone charger might have caused the death of a 24-year-old woman last weekend.
Ngo Thi Lien, who was four months pregnant, was found dead in her house in Nghe An Province at around 6 p.m. on Sunday (September 20), with her iPhone 3 still on her neck.
Her father-in-law Le Van Vi told the police that he felt an electric shock while trying to remove the phone. 
Lien's husband, 28-year-old Ngo Van Quan, said the phone was a gift from his cousin 6 months ago.
"I myself also got electric shocks three times when I charged this phone and I threw the charger away. But few days ago my wife used another charger to replace the old one," said Quan, who married to Lien six months ago.
Investigators said Lien had two burn marks on her neck and chest, and her phone was burnt.
Police said she might have been using the phone while it was being charged and she was electrocuted. 
The charger was bought from a local shop. 
 
 

More Society News