Fire fighters search for victims amid the ruins of a HCMC explosion that killed 11 people, including the props master who owned the explosives.
Police in Ho Chi Minh City have announced that a house explosion that killed 11 people in Ho Chi Minh City late last month was triggered by TNT that the homeowner kept in his kitchen.
The accident occurred at a house owned and occupied by Le Minh Phuong, a cinematic pyrotechnics expert, killing all five people in his family, as well as his sister who was a live-in maid, and five others from two neighboring families.
Investigators said a large cache of explosives Phuong kept in his kitchen may have been accidentally ignited by a short circuit, or by a collision with something dropped on it.
Ashes found in the rubble of the house on alley 384 off Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Street, District 3, have tested positive for TNT and potassium chlorate, which are both used in explosives and fireworks, police told VietNamNet.
They said the accident started in the kitchen area, at a spot under the stairs where a large amount of explosives were kept.
Many military weapons have been seized during the investigation, including boxes of thousands of bullets, five guns and many gun parts and fake guns.
Police said Phuong was storing the weapons for his movies illegally.
Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment