Police in the southern province of Binh Phuoc say they are launching an investigation into the choking death of a baby who died while in the care of a private nursery.
Nguyen Thi Tuyet Nhung, an eight-month old girl, was admitted to Binh Phuoc General Hospital on January 13 in critical condition.
Nhung's airway had been blocked by a mouthful of milk and porridge.
The baby died later the same day.
According to neighbors, the nursery has operated for more than four years. Every day, it takes in between 20 and 30 children aged three months to two years.
The locals say that, so far, the nursery has never been officially inspected.