Motorbike burns after refill in central Vietnam

TN News

Email Print

A Yamaha motorbike caught fire right after being refilled at a gas station in central Vietnam on Friday. No one was injured in the accident.

Many people around the gas station in Thua Thien-Hue Province panicked because they were afraid that the fire would spread to the gas pumps around 2 meters away, the website of Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper reported.

Nguyen Van Duy, 32, the bike owner, said the bike burned when he pressed the pedal and the engine had not yet been started.

The fire burned all the electrical wires and the plastic parts of the bike. It was extinguished in two minutes by workers at the station.

Local police have taken gas samples at the station for testing and also have begun examining the motorbike.

RELATED CONTENT

Driver injured as taxi catches fire in southern Vietnam
3 injured in mystery bus fire in southern Vietnam
Vietnam's mysterious motorbike fires rage on

Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment

Poor gas quality has been a prime suspect of more than 100 vehicular fires across Vietnam since February 2011, including one that killed a mother and her four-year-old daughter in the northern province of Bac Giang.

An investigation by Thanh Nien newspaper published this week exposed a major fuel fraud, in which fuel trucks were found stopping at mysterious places along their way to gas stations to replace some fuel in the truck with an unidentified liquid.

More Society News