Man sets off Hanoi restaurant gas blast, badly injuring owners

TN News

Email Print

Four members of a family running a restaurant in Hanoi were hospitalized after a gas blast was set off by a man who came in and fought with them Monday night.

The explosion happened at around 8:30 p.m. at KCC noodle soup restaurant in Ha Dong District.

Earlier, a couple came to argue with a family and a brawl broke out.

The man pulled the gas cylinder wire.

An eyewitness told news website VnExpress: "Though many people tried to stop him, the man ran over to the cooker and pulled the wire before leaving."

"The shop owners were trying to put the wire back when there was a big bang."

Hoang Van Thang, the restaurant owner, his wife Hanh and two children aged under 10 were rushed to hospital.

Thang suffered severe burns and was bleeding badly after being hit by debris.

Students renting the third floor of the house and employees at a nearby supermarkets put out the fire.

The police are investigating.

Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment

More Society News