Man killed by electrocution at wedding party

TN News

Email Print

Six people were electrocuted and one of them died at a wedding party in southern Vietnam Saturday as they touched electrified iron bars that held up the party tent, news website VnExpress reported.

 

Duong Nghia, 57, was killed by the electrocution as the bars had been electrified by an open bulb wire at the Kien Giang Province party, police said.

 

The party was held at a local house and five other people have been sent to hospital after the incident.

 

Most wedding parties in Kien Giang and neighboring provinces are held at home. People use their large front yards or borrow space from neighbors, and the wedding tents they use are mostly built with convenient iron bars instead of wood bars or banana tree trunks as time ago.

 

More Society News