Rescuers in the central province of Nghe An on Sunday noon found the body of the last victim in a quarry rockslide that killed 18 workers two days ago.
Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong has asked related agencies and Nghe Ans authorities to support people affected by the accident at the Len Co mining site in Yen Thanh District.
Nguyen Tien Loi, chairman of the People's Committee of Yen Thanh District, said the quarry, about 100 kilometers from the province's capital Vinh, is at risk of suffering another slide.
The site would be blockaded and repair measures would be taken to secure locals' safety, he said.
Investigations into the accident, which injured six others, are still ongoing, according to the official.
Local agencies previously reported that initial investigations showed that the owner of the Len Co mining site did not quarry rocks downwards as regulated, but mined at the foot of the mountain, triggering the rockslide.
Owned by Chin Men Ltd. Co., the quarry was licensed for operation in August last year. The company later leased the operation to many other companies.