Justice Ministry Friday granted operating certificates to five bailiff agencies, the first of their kind in the country.
The Ho Chi Minh City-based agencies, set up on a trial basis, can not only enforce civil judgments like the government's Civil Verdict Enforcement Agency, but also verify possessions of people involved in a case, serve court documents, and make reports (at request of people concerned in a case) to serve as evidence.
Mai Luong Khoi, deputy director of the city's Justice Department, said the opening of the bailiff agencies would benefit citizens while helping ease the workload of the Civil Verdict Enforcement Agency.
Civil cases include divorce proceedings, damage claims and property and employment disputes.
The five licensed bailiff agencies:
- District 1 Bailiff Agency, 104 Dien Bien Phu Street, Da Kao Ward, District 1.
- District 5 Bailiff Agency, 40 Huynh Man Dat Street, Ward 2, District 5.
- District 8 Bailiff Agency, 809-811 Ta Quang Buu Street, Ward 5, District 8.
- Binh Thanh District Bailiff Agency, 19R Nguyen Huu Canh Street, Binh Thanh District.
- Tan Binh District Bailiff Agency, 717 Cach Manh Thang Tam Street, Ward 6, Tan Binh District.