A family of seven, including a six-month old baby, was safely rescued after a member discovered a blaze in the upper part of their house in Binh Dinh Province early Saturday morning.
At around 3:30 a.m Tran Thanh Tin detected the strong smell of gasoline, woke up and discovered a fire in the second floor.
He alerted the others, and they were battling with the blaze when a stranger suddenly ran down from the second floor.
Tin ran after the man and caught him. He was an acquaintance of Tin’s mother, but it is not clear yet if and why he had set off the fire.
The blaze destroyed a lot of furniture, turned a wall black and blew up the electrical system, but fortunately no one was injured.
The police are investigating.