Hoi An authorities on Tuesday said they would ban a Vietnamese tour guide who was filmed running away from security officers after he was caught evading entrance tickets by taking foreign tourists through a shortcut.
Le Trung Quang, 28, reportedly brought eight South Korean tourists to Hoi An's old quarter last Sunday evening.
He did not buy entrance tickets for the tourists, which cost VND120,000 (US$5.30) per person. Instead, he led them through an alley to enter the quarter.
After security officers detected the act, they chased after him, causing a chaotic scene.
Someone filmed the chase and posted it on the Internet. In the seven-minute video, Quang is shown stumbling and yelling at the officers.
According to Hoi An authorities, ticket fees had already been included in the tour packages, but Quang avoided paying to appropriate the money.
Quang may be banned from leading tourists to Hoi An if the city does not receive “positive feedback and cooperation," the Hoi An People’s Committee said in a statement.