Gas station fire kills child in southern Vietnam

TN News

Email Print

A four-year-boy was killed in a fire that broke out at a gasoline station in Ho Chi Minh City's Go Vap District on Monday.

Initial information was that gasoline leaked and ran down the street as tank truck driver Tran Van Thiet, 58, and his subordinate were filling a tank. 

Soon after a fire broke out, quickly spreading for some tens of meters along the street. It made its way back to the gas station's storage facility, where Vu Manh Duy was sleeping, causing several explosions, witnesses said.

The boy died before the fire could be extinguished.

Senior Lieutenant Colonel Tran Van Lao, deputy chief of the district's police division, said in Tuoi Tre that the leakage was caused by carelessness on the part of the drivers.

He said the fire was probably ignited by cigarette ash or sparks from the engines of passing vehicles.

The case is being investigated further.

Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment

More Society News