Gas cylinders explode, burn down shop in Vietnam metro

TN News

Email Print

Dozens of mini cooking gas cylinders exploded Monday afternoon in front of a grocery store on Le Van Luong Street, Ho Chi Minh City, burning down the place completely.

Nguyen Thi Binh, the shop owner, told online newspaper VnExpress that a gas-delivery person's motorbike with two bags of cylinders toppled over when he had stopped at her shop to buy a drink.

The cylinders scattered and the man began to gather them when there was a blast.

The man fled, and there was a series of explosions from the other cylinders, which set off a fire in Binh's shop.

It took 30 minutes to put out the blaze by which time it had gutted the shop as well as the motorbike.

No one was injured. 

The police are investigating.

Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment

More Society News