Another victim from a severe gas blast in Binh Duong Province in southern Vietnam died early Monday morning after six weeks of treatment at Cho Ray, a leading hospital in Ho Chi Minh City.
Phan Thi Mai Hau, 28, from the Mekong Delta's Dong Thap Province, died from blood infection and lung inflammation caused by deep burns which covered 77 percent of her body, said Cho Ray doctors in a Tuoi Tre report.
Hau was one of 11 victims from the gas blast at a housing facility for workers in Binh Duong Province on April 7.
It happened when Hau and her husband transferred cooking gas to smaller cylinders for their street food vending business, but the gas leaked and caught fire.
Hau's 31-year-old husband Le Van Viet died on April 22 at Cho Ray Hospital, where all the victims have been treated.
Police had planned to suggest criminal charges against the couple for violating fire safety standards.
Five other victims have died as a result of the accident, including Nguyen Thi Tam who died on April 8, the other victims expiring on April 14, 15, 17 and 30.
Tam's daughter, 19, has been discharged along with two other survivors.
The only victim who remains hospitalized, Luyen Huu Hanh, 41, is recovering, doctors said.
Hanh's wife said she has been taking care of her husband and has not earned any money since the accident.
She has had to borrow from friends and family to cover the medical bills and other daily expenses.
Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment