Three balloon sellers were seriously injured when 40 hydrogen balloons exploded in their house in the northern city of Hai Phong.
Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper reported that the accident happened Thursday when Vuong Hong Tham, 43, and her nephews Le Dai Duong, 27, and Vuong Hong Ha, 31, were getting a consignment of balloons ready to deliver to a nearby school.
They were floating inside a 14-square-meter room when one of them hit a broken light bulb and burst and set off the others too, the newspaper reported.
The explosion blew off the house's metal roof and injured the three people.
Tham was taken to the local Viet Tiep Hospital, while the men were taken to the National Institute of Burns in Hanoi.
Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment