Electrical fire consumes Mekong homes

TN News

Email Print

Fires caused by short circuits burned four houses in Vietnam Mekong Delta province of An Giang Wednesday.

The fire, which burned two edifices to the ground, began at around 1 a.m. at a house which sells plastic products, Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper reported.

The fire took three hours to contain, despite the presence of four fire trucks at the scene.

Rumors spread through the neighborhood that a motorbike at the first house suddenly caught fire, like many unexplained incidents that made recent headlines in Hanoi. However, police said electrical leakage had caused the blaze.

No casualties have been reported.

 

More Society News