Cooking class sends 5 kids to hospital as gas stove explodes

Thanh Nien News

Email Print

Two of the five students of the Tran Quoc Tuan Primary School receiving treatment at the Dak Lak General Hospital on May 17, 2016. Photo: Ngoc Anh Two of the five students of the Tran Quoc Tuan Primary School receiving treatment at the Dak Lak General Hospital on May 17, 2016. Photo: Ngoc Anh

RELATED NEWS

Five primary school students in the Central Highlands province of Dak Lak were admitted to hospital with burns yesterday after a mini gas stove used in their cooking class suddenly exploded, authorities said.
According to witnesses, at Tran Quoc Tuan Primary School, a teacher was showing her fifth-grade students how to make a casual meal with all of them gathered around her and a mini gas stove in their classroom.
The gas cylinder suddenly exploded and five students standing closest were injured.
But the teacher was uninjured.
The students were brought in with burns on the face, chest and limbs at around 2:30p.m., doctors said.
Doan Son Tung, the worst injured, had 11 percent burns. He was moved to Ho Chi Minh City for further treatment.
The victims’ parents said it was risky to organize a cooking class inside a classroom without safety equipment.
Authorities said investigations are ongoing.

 

More :

More Society News