Canadian man in Vietnam overdoses on aphrodisiac

TN News

Email Print

A Canadian man is thought to have died after overdosing on aphrodisiacs in Ho Chi Minh City in southern Vietnam Friday.

According to police in the city's Binh Thanh District, the 55-year-old man, known only as Donald, had brought his 29-year-old Vietnamese girlfriend to his apartment on Ung Van Khiem Street at around 9 p.m. that day.

Donald went to shower, and a while later she heard him stumble and fall and she rushed into the bathroom.

There she found him lying unconscious on the floor. Her cries for help brought neighbors who helped her take him to a hospital.

Doctors said he was dead on arrival.

Police said preliminary investigations showed Donald may have taken too much aphrodisiac.

More Society News