A 19-year-old girl was knocked unconscious in an electrocution accident after she touched an automated teller machine in the Central Highlands province of Gia Lai on Thursday.
At 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, Siu H'Triem, a Gia Rai ethnic minority girl, came to the ATM booth of the Mekong Housing Bank on Tran Hung Dao Street in Ayun Pa Town to withdraw cash.
But an electric shock made her collapse on the screen of the machine.
Seeing the accident, a nearby xe om (motorbike taxi) driver pulled her out by clasping her shirt and shouted for help.
Staff from the bank's transaction office immediately shut down the circuit breaker at the ATM booth and took the girl to the Ayun Pa General Hospital, three kilometers away.
Siu H'Triem is now in stable condition, doctors of the Ayun Pa General Hospital said Friday.
Dang Cong Thanh, director of the transaction office, said it was likely that the rain had caused a power leak in the air conditioner in the ATM booth.
Earlier, on April 1, a 10-year-old girl was killed by an electrical leak from a wire providing power to a billboard outside an ATM booth in Ho Chi Minh City's District 1.
The ATM booth belonged to the Vietnam Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Agribank).
Fourth-grader Chau Linh Uyen was playing with her friends when she touched the door to the ATM room, lost consciousness and died before she could be taken to the hospital.