Another Honda motorbike catches on fire in Vietnam

TN News

Email Print

A Honda motorbike caught fire on a street in the central city of Da Nang on Thursday morning, but luckily no injuries were reported, according to newswire VnExpress.

Nguyen Thi Ngoc Han, the 22-year-old owner of the Honda Wave S, stopped her bike in front of the gate of a house when she heard an explosion combined with smoke coming from the seat.

After seeing fire consume part of the seat, Han jumped off of the bike and called for help.

Passers-by helped her extinguish the fire. Part of the seat and the trunk of the bike were burned.

Han said she recently bought the Honda bike from Ha Giang Motorbike Shop in Da Nang, and it was frequently maintained.

RELATED CONTENT

Hanoi mystery motorbike fires spreading to cars?
Mysterious fire destroys another motorbike in Vietnam capital
Vroom"¦ Boom!
Honda Vietnam says no fire ignition found amid bike fire concern

There had been nothing wrong with the bike before, she said, adding that it underwent periodical maintenance on December 6.

Tran Huu Khoa, chief of the shop, said it was the first time a motorbike sold by the shop had caught on fire.

"We will take the bike to our maintenance service center to check and find out the reasons for the fire," he said.

More Society News