8-year-old boy badly injured as battery charger explodes

By Lam Vien, Thanh Nien News

Email Print



Hoang Minh Nhat with his right hand crushed after the explosion. Photo: Lam Vien 

An eight-year-old boy in the Central Highlands province of Lam Dong was injured Saturday morning when flashlight charger exploded.
Hoang Minh Nhat was sleeping on the bed near the charger from which the battery had been removed when it suddenly exploded, crushing all the fingers on his right hand and causing minor injuries on his face and chest.
The boy was rushed to hospital where doctors performed a surgery and treated his wounds.
Nhat lost the tips of all five fingers.

More Society News