3 die after burning charcoal to heat truck cabin

Thanh Nien News

Email Print


Three Vietnamese drivers died from asphyxiation after burning charcoal in a closed truck’s cabin for a long time, authorities in the northern province of Lang Son said Wednesday.
The provincial authorities received the three bodies handed over by Chinese authorities the same day, Tien Phong newspaper reported.
They said two men, aged 34, 35 and 47, drove a container truck carrying fruits from Lang Son to a market in China’s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region near the border last Saturday night.
While they were waiting for the cargo to be unloaded, they burned charcoal in an open burner to heat the truck’s cabin.
They then suffered from inert gas asphyxiation. 
Their bodies have been returned to their families.
In related news, a 14-year-old boy in the central province of Quang Binh died during his sleep after his family burned charcoal to heat their room the whole night while the outside temperature was around 10 degrees Celsius.
His mother and sister are receiving medical treatment.
The central province of Nghe An also informed the death of an 18-month-old baby girl last week after her family heated their house with charcoal during a historic cold snap.
Four others in the family, including the girl's newborn brother and her mother, have been hospitalized, also for carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the provincial authority.

More Society News