3 children electrocuted in northern Vietnam

TN News

Email Print

A power utility in the northern province of Quang Ninh Tuesday denied responsibility for an electrical leak that killed three 12-year-old children this week.

Do Xuan Hai, director of the Dong Trieu District Power Company, speaking to Thanh Nien a day after the tragic accident said the cable suspected of leakage was the responsibility of Tran Thi Le, one of the utility's customers.

The accident happened when the children were washing at a pond in Trang Bach village, Yen Tho Commune.

The 450-meter cable was used to supply electricity from a transformer to four families, including Le's, he said.

The power line and the improvised utility pole were supposed to be installed and managed by Le under current regulations, he said.

RELATED CONTENT

Tran Van Doan, vice chairman of the commune People's Committee, said electricity leaked into the pond below through an uninsulated cable that held up the tottering old pole.

Police are investigating.  

Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment

More Society News