More than 2,000 workers at a foreign-invested company in the southern Vietnamese province of Binh Phuoc struck work Thursday after they found maggots in their company-provided lunch.
The workers at Taiwanese-owned Freewell Limited Company, which makes apparel and footwear in the Bac Dong Phu Industrial Zone, also said the food, which included chicken, pork, and preserved sausage that day, was stinking and spoilt.
They refused to eat and reported to the management.
But since the managers did not reply, they stopped working and left the factory.
On January 9 this year around 60 workers at the company had been hospitalized with food poisoning after eating lunch.